March has certainly come in like a lion! Warm thoughts for all those in the tornado stricken area, and for those suffering yet another arctic blast in the northern and western states.
We are so tired of winter. We are welcoming springtime with all the green leafy scents that say “SPRING” to us… not the lush florals… but the first hints of green after winter’s drabness.
This newsletter contains:
- Spring Sales
- New product — Agarwood
- Back in stock products
- Blog Updates
- Snippets from our Facebook Page
- Aromatic Quote of the Month
Save 10% on retail sizes of the following Harbingers of Spring
Rhododendron, Violet Leaf, Coriander (the sunshine spice!), Bergamot Mint (while this batch lasts), Balm Mint Bush, Beeswax Absolute, Galbanum (the “rites of spring” oil), Rosalina (light and delicate).
For winter-weary skin — lovely lipids!
When the seasons change from Winter’s dry cold to Summer’s hot mugginess, I like to switch to lighter oils for moisturizing and cleansing. Perhaps you do, too? This is your time to stock up.
Agarwood from Indonesia (Most is already sold, it will not last long.)
Back in Stock
- Cleopatra’s Secret Radiance
- Comfort in the Storm Blend
- Emotional Trauma Blend
- FogCutter, our most energizing blend
- Germbeater Spray and Synergy
- A long list of lipids: Argan Oil, Baobab Oil, Kalahari Melon Seed Oil, Meadowfoam, Moringa, Prickly Pear.
- Essential Oils: Nerolina and Lemon Eucalyptus from Australia, Spike Lavender from Spain, Siberian Fir from Russia, Guaiacwood from Paraguay. (Supplies are limited on that last one; we restocked and promptly sold almost all to a wholesale client.)
- And more CO2 extracts than I can list. See the complete range of CO2s (aromatic, herbal, and lipids) here.
“ Which Vetiver ?” Our guest blogger Charlie Banks (who has an almost magical gift for describing aromas) describes his personal reaction to the four Vetiver specimens we make available to you.
“ 7 Things You Must Give to Others if you Want to Achieve Success ” This article reverberated with me, perhaps it will with you, as well.
A New Partnership: We are thrilled to announce we are partnering with Liz Fulcher of Aromatic Wisdom Institute to bring aromatherapy students the very best in Essential oils, hydrosols, CO2s and much more Liz and I have been friends and colleagues forever and a day, and we are delighted to be supplying her students!
Article about Manuka and Kanuka as anti-microbials. We don’t import Kanuka, the smell just overwhelms me. But we choose Manuka in many of our antibacterial blends. So much gentler than Tea Tree, and possibly more effective.
Are Lavender and Tea Tree Estrogenic ? Salvatore Battaglia wades into the debate.
Essential Oils in Hospitals? A wonderful article by our own Sue Pace, for the Tisserand Institute.
And another article by Sue, Addicted from Birth.
Aromatic Quote of the Month (from our March 2009 newsletter)
“Distillation is the art of extracing the Spirituall.” The Art of Distillation by John French 1651