Foundations of Clinical Aromatherapy
Are you a health care professional eager to use essential oils in your practice, but don’t know how to use them safely and effectively? We have the solution!
Nature’s Gift is proud to announce that we have been chosen to supply the essential oils and supplies for RJ Buckle’s Foundations in Clinical Aromatherapy as well as distributing the course itself. Dr. Jane Buckle, PhD, RN, has been one of our aromatherapy mentors for years. We have used both of her books as reference, and are honored to be able to make her Clinical Aromatherapy course available to our health care professional clients.
If you are a doctor, nurse, nurse practitioner, esthetician, massage therapist, respiratory therapist, acupuncturist, occupational therapist, physical therapist, chiropractor or naturopath (in other words, if you have a license under which you may use essential oils in treating your clients) then this course will offer you an excellent introduction to Clinical Aromatherapy. It is a wonderful foundation upon which to build.
Foundations in Clinical Aromatherapy
The Clinical Aromatherapy course is intended for licensed health professionals and is designed to give a strong foundation and a working knowledge of the therapeutic use of fifteen essential oils in a clinical setting.
This course was designed to give a solid theoretical basis surrounding how to use essential oils clinically. The course complies with the guidelines developed by the Alliance of International Aromatherapists (AIA) and the National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy (NAHA). The course leads to a Certificate in Clinical Aromatherapy, with 45 CEUs for nurses and massage therapists. A certificate is awarded following successful completion of four in-person study modules, a multiple-choice question test, case studies, and a peer-reviewed research project.
- History; both ancient and modern, the many different fields of aromatherapy
- Biosynthesis—how and why plants make essential oils
- Methodology, absorption and interaction with conventional drugs
- Extraction, adulteration, tests for purity
- Plant taxonomy: identification, genus, species, chemotypes
- Basic organic chemistry and functional groups—so you understand how essential oils work
- Physiology and psychology of smell in man and animals
- Safety, storage, contraindicated essential oils. Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)
- Doses, conversions, infants and the elderly, herbal extracts versus essential oils
- 15 essential oil monographs that include: description of plant, folklore and history, method of extraction, main chemical groups, safety, adulteration, toxicity, evidence-based clinical uses (referenced), method of clinical application, Where possible research abstracts are given.
- RESOURCE GUIDE: glossary, reading list, organizations, useful journals, research journals used to compile monographs, recommended distributors, format for aromatherapy case-study, sample consent form, evaluation sheet, application for final test paper, application for CEUs.
- ESSENTIAL OILS COVERED:
- Piper nigrum,Black pepper
- Salvia sclarea,Clary Sage
- Boswellia carterii,Frankincense
- Pelargonium graveolens,Geranium
- Lavandula angustifolia,Lavender
- Lavandula x intermedia,Lavandin
- Citrus limon,Lemon
- Cymbopogon citratus,Lemongrass
- Citrus reticulata,Mandarine
- Cymbopogon martini,Palma Rosa
- Mentha x piperita,Peppermint
- Citrus aurantium, ssp. amara,Petitgrain
- Rosmarinus officinalis,Rosemary (ct cineole)
- Lavandula latifolia,Spike Lavender
- Melaleuca alternifolia,Tea Tree
An aromatherapy kit containing 5 ml bottles of each of the above-named oils, one ounce of carrier oil, scent strips and a blank inhaler accompany the DVD and Audio CD that comprise the kit. For those who want to study away from their computer, there is an accompanying 210 pages of clinically relevant information (shipped separately).
R J Buckle Associates is an educational provider approved by:
- The National Association of Holistic Aromatherapy ( NAHA )
- The American Holistic Nurses Association ( AHNA )
- The National Cert Board Massage Therapists/Bodyworkers ( NCBMTB )
- The Alliance of International Aromatherapists
R J Buckle Associates are the approved educational consultants to Planetree Hospitals International.
To order Foundations in Clinical Aromatherapy Home Study Course, click here.